Wednesday, February 27, 2008

True Colours

I'm not sure exactly how to begin to post as my brain in spinning from the personality assessment "class" to which the staff and interns were subjected this morning. Personality tests are interesting at first, intriguing next, and suddenly and without notice, they become a bit horrible. 


In an office, it is important to know your own working style so that you can better understand which jobs and roles fit you, right? Well, I'm not even really well-suited for the job I'm doing here at the church, which is mostly administrative. In fact, the personality best suited for most of what I do was the personality type with which I related the absolute least. 


As a recent graduate leaning toward jobs that are high-stress, low-return, low-pay, and low-availability, I'm not always as optimistic as I'd like to be about the upcoming years, due to such low expectation for future financial security. That is alright with me on most days, to be honest. 


In other news, the sun has been around more often, missions teams are coming together, the church found a venue, I ate a lot of cake today -- things are going well here. 

  

3 comments:

Haley said...

Don't worry; those personality tests always told me I should be a lawyer or a law enforcement officer... Yeah.

The truth is, though, I think because those jobs are high stress, low availability, etc, they are most likely much much more rewarding than easier, more prolific jobs. At least that's what I tell myself as I slave away at my unpaid internship :)

Anonymous said...

What were you best suited for?

Allison said...

:-) just a smile coming your way...