Wednesday, February 20, 2008

From Dad

Lemeriks are fun
poetry can be a blast
Haiku's are the best
I've given all I have to give, but have I given all?
There is so much I'd like to share, but no one took the call.
While some may listen with their ears, their hearts are far away.
There's a decision they must make while it is called today.
I grow weary on this path I rarely shed a tear,
that some will miss His saving grace on this a favored year.
I must renew a passioned fire of faith, hope and love.
and press on toward the sacred goal, on earth as is above.



(if you didn't catch that, I wasn't being spiritual with the blog title, this is actually from my earthly dad--he's clever)


this blog is to tide you over until the next one, which will come soon, and will tell you all about my wonderful visits from Holly and Amber, recent outreach stuff, and some upcoming things. take care!

Megan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan,
Mrs. Harder here of Hickman and Joshua's mother. I bet you remember. Was chatting with your Mother (who is very clever too!) and she told me about your internship.
My husband and I work with Medical Ministries Int'l which supports medical short and long term missions in developing countries. I know you aren't medical, but we always can use flexible workers. We have ongoing projects in Baku, Armenia, Azerbajhan and sites in Africa. here is a list of this year's sites. If there is interest from your faith community to go and these dates don't work, you could email bskinner@mmint.org. mmint.org is the home address for us.
Hope you are well and enjoying your work there. http://txo.mmint.org/mission_calendar/calendar_of_projects.aspx