Monday, March 10, 2008

General

After successfully making bananas and apples part of my daily diet, I've decided to eat more oranges (and plums, this week!), and since I live a stone's throw (for a very good thrower) from Tesco now, I really have no excuse not to. If I don't institute this fruit-eating, butter biscuits will take over my system entirely and I'll come home 50 pounds heavier, yet 50 pounds poorer.

Rachel and I went to Tesco this morning for breakfast stuff, and then walked back again a few hours later for "high tea" supplies, a.k.a. cake. We are making friends with the Welcome/Security man. He now knows our names. His name is Andrew.

Yes, today on this wonderful day off (I love Mondays), Rachel and Esther (my flatmates) and I invited a few of the boys over for afternoon tea. It was all very English, a fact which we discussed in great detail.

This weekend I read "The Bell", which is a book I don't highly recommend, but has merit for a artistically well-woven story, a strong look at religiosity and faith, and just plain good writing. Why don't I recommend it? It has love stories described in terms of magnetism and can't-help-it-ism, and I found it all a bit melodramatic.

I believe I mentioned that I moved. Did I? I moved. It's not that exciting of a story, but I'm happy where I am and now I'm near the Tesco, as previously stated, and I have access to a guitar, a keyboard, some internet (not wireless) and a garlic press! Also, I'm a twenty-minute walk from the office, which is quite nice. The building is somehow unfortunately in a constant battle with the stubborn Irish wind that makes it hard to open car doors sometimes. It's like living sideways in a wind tunnel, and at night it can get pretty noisy.

That must be it, or that needs to be it because I am falling asleep, friends.
by the way, we don't do daylight savings until March 25, so we're only 7 hours difference until then!! It's like being just a little closer to home...

take care

2 comments:

roxanne said...

Hi Megan---
I just wanted you to know that your blog inspired my writing class topic for this week--we studied the Giant's Causeway and read Finn M'Coul. Now they're supposed to write their own folktales about our "local" basalt formation--Devil's Postpile!!
I enjoy reading about your adventures!!

Sarah said...

You make me laugh. I HATE can't-help-it-ism. Pathetic. Oh, and I love Tesco. Eat some Wheaten Bread for me... i had a really bad craving the other night but could not find it ANYWHERE. I need to find a recipe...